26 November 2010

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled E-Mail Address

As I have said previously, I very much appreciate all of the support I've received throughout this deployment, especially via e-mail. There were many times when I would be having a tough day, and an e-mail from someone would put a smile on my face and make my day.

Some of you have been sending e-mail to my .mil address, and I also appreciate that, as I don't have access to gmail during the day over here. However, once we leave, my @afg.usmc.mil address will no longer be valid, so please go back to sending all e-mail correspondence to my gmail address. That way, I'll be sure to get it.

The official Transfer of Authority (TOA) was yesterday, and we are officially no longer the general support engineering battalion in this AO. Today was quite relaxing--I taught a martial arts class to my Marines, cleaned my gear (man, that stuff is dirty), and watched some TV and a movie. It's been the most relaxing day I've had in probably two months. Tomorrow will be much of the same, except I might also do some shopping at the bazaar on base.

Love you all! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment