02 December 2010

Camp Leatherneck special

Most of you probably already saw this on facebook, but for those who didn't, the National Geographic channel will be running a special on Camp Leatherneck on Sunday evening.

Information on Camp Leatherneck Special

I saw about ten minutes of the special a couple days ago, and from what I saw, it's pretty accurate and definitely worth watching if you want a glimpse of what my life has been like for the past seven months. I didn't do much foot patrolling--most of our patrols were mounted--but as far as the environment goes, it's spot on.

I'm in Kyrgyztan right now; we leave for the states tomorrow evening, landing in California on Saturday. We land in Eugene on Wednesday afternoon, and then get a four-day weekend directly afterwards (back in Eugene on Monday morning). I'll be hitting up both Grants Pass and Portland but haven't decided on which city to go to first. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment