07 May 2010

Quick Update From Germany

A quick update on what´s going on. Around 9:30 Tuesday morning we were informed that our flight was leaving on Thursday evening, not some time between Friday and Monday as we had originally been informed. What resulted was a mad scramble to accomplish all of the tasks that we had originally thought we had two extra days for. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our family day that was scheduled for Thursday, but we managed to get all of the important things done.

I´m in Germany right now, our last lay-over before our flight is over. We´re not flying directly to Afghanistan, but an airbase nearby where we will wait for transport into the country.

It´s been a long time coming, but I am excited to finally be on my way! I will post as often as possible.

2 comments:

  1. We are reading and praying and love you so much. Many many people have told me to tell you thank you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your family day was cancelled. I'm sure that your parents were disappointed, too. Be safe and remember your training. We love you. You are an awesome marine! Love, Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete